When you were a teen and oblivious to a whole lot of things, you spent a lot of time swearing you would be nothing like your mum when you grew up.
You swore you would be different, you knew you would be. Fast forward to adulthood and at random unexpected times you open your mouth and your mother’s words fall out. And then you begin to pick up habits you were certain would never be your own but here you are slowly morphing into your mum.
1. You suddenly have cleaning habits you swore against.
You suddenly wake up early on Saturday blast gospel, tie your lesso and get to cleaning.
2. When you are scolding your child for something that used to make your mum mad.
Or have mastered the art of guilting them into doing it as your mum did.
3. When someone makes you mad
And the very first insult that flies out of your mouth is the one thing your mum always said
4. Or yelling at them to eat ugali
5. When you watch award shows (if you remember they are happening) you recognize only 2 or 3 people
6. Social media trends are beyond you
You perhaps say things like “The Snapchat”
7. You suddenly have the overwhelming need to feed everyone that visits your house.
Notice yourself being super concerned when someone is not eating… kinda like your mum?
When you’re becoming your mother you either enjoy it or you really don’t. At the end of the day, it really depends on the kind of mother you had, if you have a toxic mother then it’s time to reevaluate your life and become someone else.