Tusipoziba ufa tutajenga ukuta!
We are so proud that there are artists in our country that display intent with their craft! Sauti Sol and Nyashinski have just shown us that we need to check ourselves before our country goes further to the dogs.
In their new song ‘Tujiangalie’ they disclosed that this was the main reasoning behind it;
“Self-reflection, recognizing that we have the capacity to change the world we live in by looking inward and holding ourselves accountable for the role we play in society. The truth is “when you make your bed, you lie in it!”
They highlight the following societal vices;
- Crippling national debt.
- Built infrastructure (SGR and roads) and the rest of the land got grabbed.
- Believers use public transport as church leaders drive luxurious cars.
- Politicians in church receiving top priority before the rest of the congregation.
- Tribal votes and political affiliations have divided the country.
- Tribalism and the love of money are the driving force for the country.
- We settle quarrels by spewing hatred on social media.
- The rich will always win despite the fact that the popular always try to run for the same posts.
- People posting lewd photos on social media and captioning them with bible scriptures.
- We look up to criminals who acquire material things through the rewards of their criminal activities.
- We say we love our country but still engage in corruption on a daily basis.
This is the kind of music we need to listen to, the kind that encourages self-awareness and is not shy of highlighting what we need to improve in ourselves for the betterment of our country. It is definitely the Kenyan version of Childish Gambino’s, ‘This Is America’.
Thankyou Sauti Sol and Nyashinski you are the leaders we look up to and need!