Braids are way cooler than weaves these days!
These days every woman wants to look as snatched as the girls we follow on Instagram or be as carefree as Rihanna or Nicki Minaj because let’s be real, we have all let the ‘Life Is Short’ mantra to run our lives. We eat, live and breathe perfection and the unique factor helps us all stand out online. One way to stand out from the crowd is by the hairstyles we chose to rock and Zumi Magazine should have become a staple for you if you love to have the coolest looks.
One of the most popular hairstyles for Kenyan and African women, in general, is the ‘tatu tatu’ braids and cornrows that have become hairstyle staples. We have seen them in different lengths and colors over the years but nothing beats these ultra long braids that brought the world to a micro stand still when Nicki Minaj wore them for her ‘Motorsport ‘collaboration video with Card B and Migos. Since them, we have been meaning to try the length defying look and we now have the inspiration to.
Here are the coolest ultra long braids ever!
1. Long black braids never looked this awesome. This look would be perfect for events you will be going to this year.
2. Adding a little color to the edges of your long braids is a good way of achieveing the ombre look on your hair.
3. If you love cornrows but love ‘tatu tatus’ tis then you have nothing to worry about because they can go perfectly well with cornrows too.
4. An ultra long high bun could be a little intimidating for many but this look promises to turn heads at any party you are attending.
5. Never be afraid to try out of the ordinary colors like purple because we live in atime when no one really cares about hair color.
6. This ombre look more than just a hairstyle, this is definitely a work of art. We would love to see you try this one.
Which braids brands do you use? These are the coolest cornrows this year!