The big chop is a freeing and fun experience. Should you decide to go big chop instead of a transition to begin your natural hair journey, there are a few things you should be prepared for.
Here are a few things to get you mentally prepped for the big chop.
1. You might feel like compensating for your missing hair with make-up and accessories.
Which is perfectly alright, but don’t forget you still look amazing without the make-up and accessories.
2. It’s gonna be the easiest phase of taking care of your hair.
So try and enjoy it, wash day is way shorter, and wash-and-go styles are within your reach at all times.
3.Take a few hair risks.
It can feel like your new ‘short do’ limits your style options, but there are styles you can try out. You can also dye your hair.
4. It is very easy to become a product junkie.
As a new natural you are obviously following various websites and hair bloggers to help you learn. And it seems there is always a great new product, gel or technique to try out.
5. Hair envy is real and will mess with you.
So you have to remember to stay true to your journey and be patient with your hair. Everyone’s hair is different and responds differently to care regimes, so it is perfectly alright for it to take some time to figure it out
6. There might be a growth setback, and it will suck.
There is a chance you may end up with hair damage and have to cut your hair once more. Good news; it it will always grow back!