Here’s another good reason not skip the drinks section in the supermarket; apart from having a lit night drunk on vodka, you can make a meal with it.
Just like cooking with beer, vodka gives a pretty delish taste to your meal especially some good ol’ pasta.
Having a date over? Entice your bae with this exotic vodka dish that will make you look like a chef.
What you need
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup vodka (with no flavor)
1 cup tomato puree
1 cup double cream (you can find at Chandarana supermarket)
3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil (supermarket)
What to do
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and then add onions and sauté until tender.
3. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
4. Add vodka and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about half the amount.
6. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, broth, and tomatoes and let it heat till it boils.
7. Reduce the heat, and simmer for another 8 minutes.
8. Put the tomato puree in the same pan and add the double cream. Cook it for 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly.
9. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cooked pasta, adding the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and basil.
It’s easy to make, takes not more than 30 minutes and will have your taste buds tingling with fruity sweetness. This dish is best served immediately and when sizzling hot. Dig in!
Source: She Knows
And it proves that exotic dishes don’t have to be complicated, cooking is all about knowing what to add where and when for the perfect flavour.